Everyone of us have to deal with stress everyday, be it in office, with family, and it’s even worse if you are planning to lose some weight (pressure from chips, chocolates, beer, etc). Here are some strategies to help you easily get through these stress and stay healthy.
- Every morning before you start your day, sit down, make a to-do list and organize your thought into a solid plan. By conquering your troubles ahead, you will feel the stress lifted from your shoulder.
Repeat for Relief
- Try routine activities like vacuuming or knitting, or find a calming word to repeat that puts you in a Zen-like state. A soothing routine can lower blood pressure, slow heart rate and decrease muscle tension.
Have Enough Sleep
- Getting 7 to 8 hours a night is both crucial for controlling your health and a good way to face your stress with a clear mind the next day.
Be with Nature
- Let nature divert you by stepping outdoors for a walk. You’ll clear your mind and get in exercise while you are at it.
Turn on the Tunes
- Studies show slow or meditative music helps bust stress, so crank up the Bach, Beethoven or even Norah Jones to turn down your worries.
- Workout not only helps you sculpt buns of steel, but pumps up your endorphins and increase your sense of well being. It also gives you time to mediate since you concentrate on the movement of your body instead of the source of stress.